Thursday 15 May 2008

A great season! Thank you all!


22 people out last night - I hope everyone had fun. Sorry to Simon for spilling wine on his pulling shirt.

Those awards went to...
1. Player of the season: Luke
2. Fans' player of the season: Irial
3. Goal of the season: David Messi Horan
4. Top scorer: Irial for the third consecutive year
5. Club player of the season: Charles
6. Most improved player: Johnny

So it looks like Alemanno isn't the only reformed right-winger winning landslide victories in votes. I wanted to have some pun about becoming a sweeper and him saying he was going to 'clean up' the town, but I could quite work it out... Just like him though, I don't deserve it.

Thanks so much for the presents as well. All in all, I was genuinely moved last night. Well done Irial for getting his very much deserved two prizes and to Davie Horan for surprsingly winning goal of the season - as Dave M said, it should have gone to him for that classic goal where I booted it as hard as I could from way inside my own half, the keeper fluffed it and Dave tapped in. Well done to Charles and Johnny, who really deserved their prizes, unlike me - thank you so much though. Thanks to Dave P for counting the votes!

There are loads of photos from last night on facebook - some of them are great - have a look:

part one: dinner and awards:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=167853&id=1053091757

part two: blob: in particular check out manolo and charles dancing!:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=167854&id=1053091757


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luke, could you send Dave McCourt, Dom or I the username and password to operate this site? If you could email/text/post it to one of us it would be very much appreciated.